- 3-5 lbs. Boston Butt Pork
- 1 cup Apple Cider
- 2 cup Apple Juice
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 1 tsp. Cloves
- 3 lbs. chunky Applesauce
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 2 cups Apple Juice
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tbls granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Chile Powder
- 1/2 tsp Celery Seed
- 1-1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
1. Remove bone and trim excess fat from boston butt.
2. In a bowl mix apple cider, apple juice, gloves, and ginger for marinade.
3. Pour marinade over pork. Place in fridge overnight.
4. The next morning place pork and marinade in crock pot. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, until pork is falling apart.
5. Remove pork from crock pot and shred. Pour out remaining liquid, save 1 cup.
6. Return pork to crock pot, add applesauce, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg to pot and mix. Add as much of 1 cup of liquid as needed for desired consistency.
7. Cook on high for 20-30 minutes until everything is thoroughly heated.
8. For the BBQ sauce combine all listed ingredients in a pot. Whisk together and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes until thick. Season accordingly, sauce should be heavily spiced.