First you don't make a roux.
- 2 bonesless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 lbs. Andouille Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tblsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tblsp Parsley, chopped
- 2 tblsp Green Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Rice
- 2 tblsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
1. Heat oil in pot and add chicken and cajun seasoning. Cook until golden brown on skin, about 5 minutes.
2. Add sausage and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add onions and bell peppers. Cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
4. Add water, tomato paste, parsley, and green onions. Stir and bring to a boil.
5. Add rice and cover pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. Do not stir during this period.
6. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and enjoy.