Sausage and Potato Breakfast Casserole, serves 6
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pkg. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 8 x 8 x 2 glass baking dish.
- Cook sausage in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, breaking into small pieces with back of spoon, for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in flour, then milk.
- Cook until mixture thickens and comes to boil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes in prepared dish.
- Top with 1/3 of green onions, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 of green onions, sausage mixture and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake casserole until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and serve.